Grow with Solar Year-Round in a Chinese Greenhouse
This virtual workshop video features Dan Chiras, Author of " The Chinese Greenhouse" as he explains how to build and use these unique structures to provide food for your family without the need for commercial heating or cooling energy. Grow food year-round, including warm weather vegetables, using only solar energy.
Watch the video to learn about the following:
- How to design and build a Chinese greenhouse
- Improving performance via short-term and long-term heat banking
- Additional heating options to make your greenhouse operate even more effectively
- Cooling your greenhouse during the summer
- Operating and optimizing your Chinese greenhouse for maximum productivity
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Dan Chiras, Ph.D, is the author of numerous books on renewable energy, including Power from the Sun and The Homeowner’s Guide to Renewable Energy. He has been growing in greenhouses for nearly two decades and in his own passive solar Chinese greenhouse since 2017. Dan lives in Gerald, MO.
A listing of the chapters inside this book can be found by scrolling downward.
Click on Images Below to Learn More About the HRES Board